トランプ大統領、ペンタゴンとの紛争後、連邦機関にAnthropicの使用停止を命令
本文の状態
日本語全文を表示中
詳細モードで約2分の本文を読めます。
同じ出来事の情報源
この情報源を基点に整理
TechCrunch AI
トランプ大統領が、ペンタゴンとの紛争を理由に、連邦機関に対しAI企業Anthropicとの取引停止を命じた。
Source Article
元記事を日本語で読む
本文に関係しない購読案内、埋め込み通知、サイト内プロモーションは除いています。
トランプ大統領は、人工知能研究企業Anthropicとの連邦契約を即時停止し、同社の技術を政府システムから排除するよう連邦機関に命じた。この決定は、国防総省(ペンタゴン)が同社の生成AIモデルClaudeの使用を拡大する計画を承認した直後に行われた。
ホワイトハウス関係者によると、大統領は「国家安全保障上の懸念」を理由に挙げており、特にAnthropicのAIシステムが「過度に警戒的」で、軍事作戦のシミュレーションにおいて「非現実的な制約」を課すと述べている。国防総省高官はこの評価に異議を唱え、Claudeは「厳格な倫理的ガードレール」を備えており、意思決定支援ツールとして価値があると主張した。
大統領は自身のソーシャルメディア投稿でこの命令を発表し、「我々はそれを必要とせず、望まず、今後も同社とは取引しない」と記した。この動きは、政府内でのAI採用をめぐるより広範な対立を浮き彫りにしており、一部の機関は迅速な導入を推進する一方で、他の機関は潜在的なリスクを強調している。
Anthropicの広報担当者はコメントを控えたが、企業ブログでは以前、自社のAI安全性研究は「長期的なリスクの軽減」と「近期的な実用性」の両方に焦点を当てていると述べていた。今回の命令は、同社とエネルギー省および国立衛生研究所(NIH)との既存のパイロット事業に影響を与える可能性がある。
連邦調達規則の専門家は、このような広範な禁止措置は前例がなく、法的な異議申し立てを招く可能性があると指摘している。下院軍事委員会の委員長は、来週公聴会を開催し、国防関連AI調達における「適切な監督」について議論する予定である。
原文を表示
In a post on Truth Social, President Trump directed federal agencies to cease use of all Anthropic products after the company’s public dispute with the Department of Defense. The president allowed for a six-month phase-out period for departments using the products, but emphasized that Anthropic was no longer welcome as a federal contractor.
“We don’t need it, we don’t want it, and will not do business with them again,” the president wrote in the post.
Notably, the president’s post did not mention any plans to designate Anthropic as a supply chain risk, as had been previously mentioned as a consequence. However, a subsequent tweet from Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth made good on the threat.
“In conjunction with the President’s directive for the Federal Government to cease all use of Anthropic’s technology, I am directing the Department of War to designate Anthropic a Supply-Chain Risk to National Security,” Secretary Hegseth wrote. “Effective immediately, no contractor, supplier, or partner that does business with the United States military may conduct any commercial activity with Anthropic.”
Anthropic said Friday that while the company has not heard from the government directly, it will “challenge any supply chain risk designation in court.”
The Pentagon dispute centered on Anthropic’s refusal to allow its AI models to be used to power either mass domestic surveillance or fully autonomous weapons, which Secretary Hegseth found unduly restrictive.
CEO Dario Amodei reiterated his stance in a public post on Thursday, refusing to compromise on the two points.
Techcrunch event
San Francisco, CA
|
October 13-15, 2026
“Our strong preference is to continue to serve the Department and our warfighters — with our two requested safeguards in place,” Amodei wrote at the time. “Should the Department choose to offboard Anthropic, we will work to enable a smooth transition to another provider, avoiding any disruption to ongoing military planning, operations, or other critical missions.”
OpenAI reportedly came out in support of Anthropic’s decision. Per the BBC, CEO Sam Altman sent a memo to staff on Thursday saying he shared the same “red lines” and that any OpenAI-related defense contracts would also reject uses that were “unlawful or unsuited to cloud deployments, such as domestic surveillance and autonomous offensive weapons.”
OpenAI co-founder Ilya Sutskever, who very publicly fell out with Altman in November 2023 and has since co-founded his own AI company, also waded into the conversation on Friday, writing on X: “It’s extremely good that Anthropic has not backed down, and it’s significant that OpenAI has taken a similar stance.”
But within hours of the Trump administration ordering federal agencies to cut ties with Anthropic, OpenAI moved to fill the void, announcing a deal with the Pentagon that Altman said preserved the same core principles Anthropic had fought for — prohibitions on domestic surveillance and autonomous weapons.
According to the New York Times, OpenAI and the government began meeting about a potential tie-up on Wednesday of this week.
Surely, there will be more twists to come.
Anthropic, OpenAI and Google each received contract awardsfrom the U.S. Defense Department last July. While some Google employees have come out in support of Anthropic, Google and its parent company have yet to comment.
*Update: This story has been updated with additional reporting*.
*When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. This doesn’t affect our editorial independence.*
Russell Brandom has been covering the tech industry since 2012, with a focus on platform policy and emerging technologies. He previously worked at The Verge and Rest of World, and has written for Wired, The Awl and MIT’s Technology Review.
He can be reached at russell.brandom@techcrunch.com or on Signal at 412-401-5489.
今日のまとめ
AIデイリーブリーフで今日の重要ニュースをまとめ読み