OpenAI、ワシントンの圧力緩和のためトランプ政権に5%の株式を提案
本文の状態
日本語全文を表示中
詳細モードで約4分の本文を読めます。
同じ出来事の情報源
この情報源を基点に整理
TLDR AI
OpenAIは、米国政府からの規制圧力を和らげるため、トランプ政権に対して同社の株式の5%を譲渡する案を提示した。
Source Article
元記事を日本語で読む
本文に関係しない購読案内、埋め込み通知、サイト内プロモーションは除いています。
imagewatch now
OpenAI は、米政府に対して同社株式の 5% を譲渡する案を提示したと、Financial Times が木曜日に報じた。これは人工知能(AI)スタートアップがワシントンにおける高まる政治的圧力を和らげようとしている最中である。
この AI ラボは 3 月に、資金調達後の企業価値が 8,520 億ドルに達する記録的な資金調達ラウンドを完了しており、その時点で 5% の持分は約 4,260 億ドルの価値があると見られている。
OpenAI のサム・アルトマン CEO は、一般市民に同社への財務的関与を持たせることが、AI の恩恵を共有する最良の方法であると主張したと、FT が報じている。この発言は、交渉事情に詳しい 2 人の人物を引用している。
報道によると、アルトマン氏はドナルド・トランプ政権との初期の協議において、そのような規模の持分を提案した。これはワシントンが政府系車両を通じて米国の主要な AI 開発企業のそれぞれから 5% を保有するという、より広範な取り決めの一環である。
FT は、この提案された取り決めでは、Anthropic、Google、Meta などの他の米国 AI 企業も、主権富基金(sovereign wealth fund)を介して政府に同様の持分を譲渡するものだと伝えている。これらの団体のいずれかが OpenAI の提案に応じるかどうかは不明である。
ホワイトハウス、OpenAI、Anthropic、Google、MetaはいずれもCNBCのコメント依頼に直ちに回答しませんでした。
ワシントンがモデルに関連するサイバーセキュリティの脆弱性や、中国のオープンソースモデルからの競争激化(これらは一部のトップ米国のモデルと比べてほぼ同等の能力を持ちながら大幅に安価であることが証明されている)に対して警戒感を強めているため、主要な米国AI企業への圧力が高まっています。
Anthropicは先月、政府からの輸出管理指令に従うため、最も先進的なMythosおよびFableモデルへのアクセスを停止していました。火曜日、Claude AIプラットフォームを手がける同社は、政策立案者の安全に関する懸念を解消するための措置を講じた後、これらのモデルへのアクセスの回復許可を得たと発表しました 詳細はこちら。
image今すぐ視聴
OpenAIの報告された提案は、同社への政府出資の可能性について1年以上にわたる協議の後のものであり、CNBCは先月 このように報じています。アルトマン氏は2025年初頭に、この構想を直接トランプ政権に提案しました。
4 月、主要なモデル開発企業は、「パブリック・ウェルス・ファンド」の創設を提案しました。これは AI 企業の成長から生じる資産を保有し、その経済的恩恵を一般市民に分配するためのものです。
さらに読む CNBC テクノロジーニュース
- メタのクラウドコンピューティングへの進出は、ウォール街が利益率の低下に備えることを意味する
- 第 2 四半期に記録的な上昇を遂げたチップ関連株は、第 3 四半期を期待外れのスタートで迎えている
- PlayStation は 2028 年までに新ゲームの物理ディスク生産を終了する
- AI を理由に従業員を解雇した雇用主たちは、すでに後悔し始めている
トランプ政権は過去にも民間企業に出資し、大統領の第 2 任期中に Intel Corp や IBM、および他の量子技術・重要鉱物関連企業への投資を行ってきました。
政府は昨年 8 月に同チップメーカーの普通株式に対して「画期的な 89 億ドル規模の投資」を行った後、Intel の「10% の持分」を取得しました。5 月には、「ドナルド・トランプ大統領は同社に対する持分の割合をより大きくするよう求めておくべきだった」と述べています。(https://www.cnbc.com/2026/05/18/trump-stake-in-intel.html)
トランプ氏は、米国の AI 大手企業への出資を「美しいこと」と表現し、これによりアメリカ人が「この革命のパートナーになる」だろうと述べています。
— このレポートには CNBC のアシュリー・カプート氏が寄稿しています。
原文を表示

watch now
OpenAI has proposed handing the U.S. government a 5% stake in the company, the Financial Times reported Thursday, as the artificial intelligence startup seeks to defuse mounting political pressure in Washington.
A 5% holding would be worth roughly $42.6 billion, after the AI lab closed a record-breaking funding round in March at a post-money valuation of $852 billion.
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman argued that giving the public a financial interest in the company is the best way to share the upside of AI, the FT reported, citing two people familiar with the talks.
Altman suggested a stake of that size in early discussions with the Trump administration, as part of a broader arrangement under which Washington would hold 5% of each of the leading U.S. AI developers via a government vehicle, according to the report.
The proposed arrangement envisions other U.S. AI companies, such as Anthropic, Google and Meta, ceding similar stakes to the government through a sovereign wealth fund vehicle, the FT said. It is not clear whether any of these groups would agree to OpenAI’s proposal.
The White House, OpenAI, Anthropic, Google, and Meta did not immediately respond to CNBC’s requests for comments.
Pressure has been mounting on major U.S. AI firms as Washington grows increasingly wary of cybersecurity vulnerabilities associated with their models and rising competition from Chinese open-source models that are proving to be almost as capable and significantly cheaper than some of the top American models.
Anthropic had disabled access to its most advanced Mythos and Fable models last month to comply with an export control directive from the government. On Tuesday, the company behind the Claude AI platform said it was cleared to restore access to the models after taking steps to resolve policymakers’ safety concerns.

watch now
OpenAI’s reported pitch came after more than a year of talks about a possible government stake in the company, CNBC reported last month, with Altman first pitching the concept directly to the Trump administration in early 2025.
In April, the leading model-maker proposed creating a “public wealth fund” to hold assets capturing growth in AI companies and distribute the economic benefits to the public.
Read more CNBC tech news
- Meta’s push into cloud computing means Wall Street has to prepare for lower margins
- Chip stocks that notched record rallies in second quarter start Q3 with a dud
- PlayStation will end physical disc production for new games in 2028
- Employers who laid off workers citing AI are already starting to regret it
The Trump administration has previously taken stakes in private companies, investing in Intel Corp, IBM, and other quantum and critical mineral companies during the president’s second term.
The government obtained a 10% stakein Intel after a landmark $8.9 billion investment in the chipmaker’s common stock in August last year. In May, President Donald Trump said he should have asked for a bigger stake in the company.
Trump has described the U.S. taking an ownership stake in AI giants as “a beautiful thing” that would make Americans “partners in this revolution.”
*— CNBC’s Ashley Capoot contributed to this report.*
関連記事
今日のまとめ
AIデイリーブリーフで今日の重要ニュースをまとめ読み