トランプ氏、Anthropic の Mythos および Fable モデルに対する規制を解除
本文の状態
日本語全文を表示中
詳細モードで約3分の本文を読めます。
同じ出来事の情報源
この情報源を基点に整理
TechCrunch AI
ドナルド・トランプ前大統領が、AI 企業 Anthropic が開発した「Mythos」と「Fable」のモデル運用に関する制限を撤廃する方針を示した。これにより同社の新モデル展開が加速すると見られる。
Source Article
元記事を日本語で読む
本文に関係しない購読案内、埋め込み通知、サイト内プロモーションは除いています。
米国は、Anthropic が Mythos および Fable モデルを海外へ輸出する前にライセンスを取得することを義務付けていた要件を撤廃しました。この要件は、事実上、これまでで最も高度な AI モデルと広く見なされているものへの一般アクセスを遮断するものでした。
AI 研究所は、7 月 1 日(水曜日)からモデルへのアクセスの回復を開始すると発表しました。
6 月 12 日、米国政府はこれらの製品を輸出制限技術リストに追加し、特別な承認がない限り外国人に対して提供できなくなりました。この規則への対応は大規模な運用において現実的ではないことが判明し、Anthropic はモデルへの一般アクセスを全面的に終了せざるを得ませんでした。
今や数週間にわたる協議の後、商務長官のハワード・ルトニック氏は、Anthropic が「モデルに関連するセキュリティリスクを積極的に検知して対応することに合意した」と述べました。また、「Mythos、Fable および将来のモデルに関するプロトコル、基準およびリリースについて米国政府と綿密に協力し、いかなる悪意のある活動についても米国政府に報告する」とも述べています。
Anthropic はすでに、輸出規制が存在する数ヶ月前から、これらのおおむねの取り組みを自主的に行うことを公約していました。これがサイバーセキュリティ専門家たちが当初から規制に懐疑的であった理由の一部です。彼らにとって、この禁止令はセキュリティの修正というよりはむしろレバレッジ(交渉力)のように見え、トランプ政権が政府や大統領の政治的対立候補がその技術をどのように利用する可能性があるかに対する同社の経営陣による公的な批判を罰するための手段であるように映りました。
Mythos は当初、ソフトウェア内の脆弱性を特定し悪用する能力に関する懸念を和らげるため、2026 年 4 月から特定の組織限定で提供されました。一方、Fable と呼ばれるバージョンは、追加のセキュリティガードレール(安全装置)を備えて 2026 年 6 月に一般公開されました。
しかし、アジアの AI 企業が Mythos に匹敵する能力を持つ独自の AI モデルをリリースし始めており、その中には Fugu や Tulonfeng も含まれています。これにより、アメリカの AI が世界的に競争力を維持するために、トランプ政権は Anthropic に対する規制を緩和する圧力にさらされました。
先週、ルットニックはホワイトハウスから承認された特定の顧客に対して Mythos のリリースを許可しました。OpenAI の最新モデルも 一般公開ではなく、トランプチームから承認された組織のグループに対してリリースされました。
トランプ政権の AI 政策決定における不安定なアプローチは、業界全体に属する企業に対し、将来のモデルリリースを何によって規律するかについてほとんど明確さを与えずにきました。先月に発令された大統領令ではリリース前にモデルを見直す意向を示していましたが、これは OpenAI で最近政策担当職に就いたディーン・W・ボール(Dean W. Ball)といった影響力のあるアナリストらから 批判 されました。
*当記事内のリンクを通じてご購入いただいた場合、私たちは少額のコミッションを受け取る可能性があります。これは当社の編集の独立性には影響しません。
Tim からの連絡や確認は、tim.fernholz@techcrunch.com 宛てにメールを送るか、Signal で tim_fernholz.21 へ暗号化メッセージを送信してください。
原文を表示
The US has lifted a requirement that Anthropic obtain a license before exporting its Mythos and Fable models abroad, a requirement that effectively cut off public access to what are widely considered the most advanced AI models released to date.
The AI lab said it would begin restoring access to the models on Wednesday, July 1.
On June 12, the US government had added the products to its list of export-restricted technologies, meaning they could no longer be made available to foreign nationals without special approval. Complying with that rule proved impractical at scale, forcing Anthropic to end public access to the models altogether.
Now, after weeks of talks, Secretary of Commerce Howard Lutnick said Anthropic “has agreed to proactively detect and address security risks associated with the models; to work diligently with the U.S. government on protocols and standards and releases for Mythos, Fable and future models; and to inform the US government of any malicious activity.”
Anthropic had already publicly pledged to do much of this voluntarily, months before the export rule existed. That’s part of why cybersecurity experts were skeptical of the restrictions in the first place. To them, the ban looked less like a security fix and more like leverage, a way for the Trump administration to punish Anthropic for its executives’ public criticism of how the government, and the president’s political opponents, might use the technology.
Mythos was originally made available to a select group of organizations beginning in April to allay concerns about its ability to identify and exploit vulnerabilities in software, while a version called Fable was released to the public in June with additional security guardrails.
However, with Asian AI companies beginning to release their own AI models approaching Mythos-level capabilities — among them Fugu and Tulonfeng — the US government was under pressure to ease its restrictions on Anthropic to ensure that American AI could compete globally.
Last week, Lutnick cleared Mythos to be released to select customers approved by the White House. OpenAI’s latest models were also released to a group of organizations approved by the Trump team, instead of the public.
The Trump administration’s erratic approach to AI policymaking has left companies across the industry with little clarity about what will govern future model releases. An executive order issued in June that signaled a desire to review models ahead of release was criticized by influential analysts like Dean W. Ball, who recently started a policy position at OpenAI.
*When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. This doesn’t affect our editorial independence.*
Tim Fernholz is a journalist who writes about technology, finance and public policy. He has closely covered the rise of the private space industry and is the author of * Rocket Billionaires: Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and the New Space Race.* Formerly, he was a senior reporter at Quartz, the global business news site, for more than a decade, and began his career as a political reporter in Washington, D.C.
You can contact or verify outreach from Tim by emailing tim.fernholz@techcrunch.com or via an encrypted message to tim_fernholz.21 on Signal.
関連記事
今日のまとめ
AIデイリーブリーフで今日の重要ニュースをまとめ読み